RHSTEP is a pioneer national non government organization focusing on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) for more than three decades in Bangladesh.
RHSTEP was evolved in 1983 as a special project under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) of the Government of Bangladesh titled MRTSP. In 1989 MRTSP was transformed into a NGO. Considering the increasing need of other reproductive health care, MRTSP stepped forward in 2000 with multifaceted services and a new name 'Reproductive Health Services Training and Education Program - RHSTEP'.
RHSTEP has extended its activities centers in 21 districts of Bangladesh. Every year approximately 6,50,000 women, men including youth adolescents and children receives health care services, education and awareness support through our 31 centers.
RHSTEP is registered under Social Welfare Registration Act, 1961 with the Department of Social Welfare, (Registration no - DHA - 02459, dated 05 August 1990); NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh, (Registration no - 430, dated 09 January 1991).
WE ARE UNIQUE BECAUSE...
- WE evolved through a gradual process of government initiatives
- WE are the only organization is approved for providing MR Training in Bangladesh
- WE are only who is sharing public hospital facility for providing SRH services
- WE are working in 22 public medical college hospitals/General hospitals in the country
- WE have established Project Management cooperation with Government Hospital Authority in our project areas
RHSTEP is a unique example of GO-NGO collaboration in the health sector of Bangladesh
is to build a healthy, wealthy, self-reliant Bangladesh where every citizen is respectful to and practicing human rights irrespective of their age sex or social strata.
is to serve the poor and vulnerable people to establish their rights.
is to contribute towards improving SRH of women and adolescents and thus complement the GOB’s National Health Program targets of reducing MMR and other SRH hazards in Bangladesh.